Thursday, February 03, 2011

Remedies

Recently, I adopted back my old-and-long-forgotten habit of reading.

I always feel the urge to read whenever I step into the library, being surrounded by tons and tons of books. But due to hectic schedule, I also have no time! So one book I've finished reading is this:

 Remedies by Kate Ledger

The reviews are not bad - http://bookreview.mostlyfiction.com/2010/remedies-by-kate-ledger/ 

Initially I was attracted to the book cause of the cover. Looks so painfully abstract and hidden with so many secrets that I want to read it. And after reading, my take aways are this:

1. There are times when serious, deep misunderstandings can happen because one just simply refuse to communicate with each other. A good intention can be interpreted in the opposite way by the other and it just snowballs from there, especially when its your partner. Many a times we doubt and are skeptical, but many a times, the source is that we're just not trusting enough to believe that he/she would be

2. Emotionally painstaking events can really tear people apart. The only way to heal is to talk about it to the people who matters and who're also affected, and help each other to recover, because that is the source of positive energy. 

3. No matter how hard it is to go about doing something, if it needs to be done, it must be done. Otherwise it'll just be like an evil poison that would spread and engulf you from the inside. 

What impressed me most was the open-ended ending of the book. I was so looking forward to the ending and finding out whether everything would work out nicely in the end. Stayed up until 4am to finish the book and was greeted with an open ending. LOL. really leaves it to the reader's imagination! 

HAPPY CNY PEOPLE! 

I hope that 2011 would be a better year for me. And I would have the strength to become brave and stronger.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. I feel like you took away so much of what I intended in writing the book. Many wishes to you for a wonderful year!--Kate Ledger (author of Remedies)

Von said...

Hi Kate! :) didn't expect a comment from you. but yes, it was the first book i picked up since i stopped reading long ago. looking forward to more books from you! :)